It is a good idea to wait until the end of April or the beginning of May to do your spring cleaning, this allows for most of the pollen to be gone. The following list is to add to the general maintenance cleaning of a bedroom, living area, or office.
- Change your air filters.
- Dust and/or wash your intake vents.
- If possible open windows and turn on the interior fan on the air conditioning unit while cleaning. (We call this, “Letting your house breath”.)
- In every room start at the top and work your way down removing any high dust and cobwebs.
- If possible, use a step ladder to wash fans or light fixtures. (Follow all the manufacturer’s safety guidelines). If hand washing is not possible use a duster that extends.
- Clean interior windows including blinds/shutters, windowsills, and frames.
- Move out furniture to wash baseboards, vacuum/sweep floor, and mop floor if it is a hard surface.
- Wash baseboards, doors, and door trim throughout the room.
- Clean and disinfect light switches and doorknobs.
- Vacuum/Sweep and mop hard surface floors.
- Remember to follow all the manufacture’s safety guidelines when using equipment.
- When using cleaning products, read the label and wear any personal protective equipment suggested. (i.e.: gloves, safety goggles, masks)
- Pay attention to directions on cleaning products especially when disinfecting. When disinfecting products have a certain “dwell time”, which is the amount of time the product must sit wet in order to clean and kill particular bacteria and viruses.
At GleamPro, LLC. we use only trained, certified professionals to perform our cleaning and disinfecting services. If you find yourself needing further assistance in order to complete these tasks for your home or business, please call our office today at (678) 774-8250, or simply click below to submit an email form to us.